This position will be a pro-active role responsible for the account development and account management with the objective of maximizing revenue from key accounts in the integrated CCTV/Access security and fire markets.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with other members of the Sales Team to ensure strong customer relationships and manage new and existing business with identified accounts within the Company range of customers. This will also involve a pro-active attitude to ensure the securing of revenue from existing accounts and the generation of new business from carefully targeted areas of the market place.
This role is an interactive role with frequent interface with customers, other Company employees and senior managers. The position holder must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure the provision of an exceptional service to all customers.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiations
- Excellent technical and engineering skills in the field of CCTV and integrated systems
- Confident and persuasive manner
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- A professional manner
- The ability to work to financial budgets
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- To maintain and develop existing client relationships through the continued delivery of high standards of reactive and pro-active service
- To effectively work with clients to understand their needs and ensure maximum client satisfaction, drawing up an Account Action Plan for each customer to include;
- Key customer contacts associated with the Account
- Detail of business/market place the customer is in
- Progress of account
- Analysis Detail:
- Historic revenue and profit of Account
- A 12 month forecast of “rolling” quarterly plan of activity for each account.
- To consider and provide an effective strategy with tangible, measureable objectives for each account including:
Targets for each account
- Current issues and how they will be effectively addressed
- The activity required to obtain additional work from each account.
- A forward plan of customer activity for each account.
- To actively identify and exploit existing and new opportunities for each client accounts, ensuring the maximisation of potential Company revenue and profitability.
- To undertake necessary sales activity to ensure the achievement of sales targets which should be mutually agreed with your Line Manager
- To identify and develop new sales enquiries from all customers and convert into profitable new business.
- To attend customer meetings when required and ensure prompt undertaking of actions and/or customer requirements identified at the meeting.
- To ensure the initiation, nurturing and continued development of strong relationships with all key client contacts.
- To work with members of the sales, finance, installation and service teams, engaging continuously with all departments so that they are aware of all account development and changes in client requirements ensuring that all accounts receive high level customer service and effective management.
- To work with Company engineers to ensure install/service projects are delivered in a timely manner and to high standards including where necessary;
- The undertaking of the training of engineers on products required to service customers
- To ensure an effective knowledge exchange with company peers in respect of technical expertise and product knowledge
- To be involved as required in the project management of new and existing customer requirements.
- To monitor, resolve and where necessary escalate customer issues to ensure high level customer service
- To oversee the effective and timely completion of customer invoicing process for your respective accounts by the Sales Administrator.
- Cold calls
- Survey visits as required
- Preparation of own quotes
- Attendance at sales meeting
- Daily activity reporting
- Average of 6 calls per day maintained including cold calls
Responsibility for providing concise and accurate monthly reports for each account including;
- Actual sales and profit against agreed account specific forecast and targets – Monthly basis
- Provide a weekly process report to the Sales Manager
- To undertake a weekly conference call to discuss developments, issues and progress with the Sales Manager
- To undertake quarterly presentations as agreed with the Sales Manager
Interested applicants please send your CV’s to Human Resources, Unit 8, Canbury Business Park, Elm Crescent, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 6HJ or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
|Status:||Full time / permanent||Salary:|
|Hours:||Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5.30pm / flexible|